In the Customize your bathroom top
section we offer many materials to choose from and we would like to make the choice easier and more aware.
Choosing the most suitable material for your bathroom depends on the needs of the customer, on his personal taste and on his lifestyle, moreover one must always take into account the advantages and disadvantages that characterize each material.
Fenix NTM® is a material that combines aesthetics and technology, opaque and resistant, suitable for both the washbasin top.
If you believe that your furniture may be at risk of scratches or bumps, the Fenix® is then the most suitable solution for furniture and a resistant, easy to clean and design washbasin top.
What is Fenix®?
Fenix® is a material that is obtained following an articulated working process that involves a multilayer coating, the use of new generation acrylic resins, hardened and fixed through the Electron Beam Curing process, a process in which heat and pressure they are applied simultaneously in order to obtain a homogeneous and non-porous product.
FENIX® products consist of paper (over 60%) and thermosetting resins (30 - 40%). FENIX® products are created through a particular process in which heat and pressure are applied simultaneously in order to obtain a homogeneous and non-porous product.
Fenix NTM®, launched in 2013, responds to two important interior design trends: smart materials and extremely opaque surfaces.
- With a low reflection of light, the surface of FENIX is extremely opaque, anti-fingerprint and pleasantly soft to the touch.
- Fenix® is highly resistant to scratches, abrasion, dry heat, acid based solvents and household reagents.
- Thermal repairability gives this material the ability to regenerate itself from any surface micro-scratches.
- The surface of Fenix® is hygienic and easy to clean: it has an exclusive non-porous outer layer, which keeps the material clean through simple methods of maintenance and daily cleaning.
- It is also suitable for contact with food.
Textures and finishes
The surface of FENIX is extremely opaque, anti-fingerprint and pleasantly soft to the touch.
The proposed finishes are 15:
How to clean the Fenix®?
- 11 unicolor
- 4 Doha, enriched with tiny metal details
The surface does not require particular maintenance: a cloth moistened with hot water and a degreaser for domestic use is sufficient. Almost all normal household cleaning or disinfectant products are well tolerated.
It is advisable to use a melamine foam sponge, also known as magic rubber, for normal cleaning and maintenance of the surface.
The most difficult stains can be removed with non-abrasive household detergents, with non-aggressive aromatic solvents (acetone) or with the magic sponge.However, we recommend testing the product on an internal part of the door before using it on the outside.
What to avoid?
What does it mean that FENIX is carbon neutral?
- The FENIX® surface must never be treated with products containing abrasive substances, abrasive sponges or other tools such as sandpaper or steel wool.
- It is best to avoid bleaching products, products with a strong acid content or very alkaline products as they could stain the surface.
- When using solvents, the cloth used must be perfectly clean to avoid the formation of halos.
- Any small marks or traces can be removed with hot water and then drying the surface.
- Avoid furniture polish products and, more generally, detergents that contain waxes.
Starting from December 2021, the innovative FENIX® materials for interior design are carbon neutral.
This is the result of a continuous process of product development and optimization and the implementation of a long-term sustainability strategy.
Being carbon neutral means that, based on the total amount of square meters sold monthly, FENIX® will contribute to the reduction of CO2 emitted into the atmosphere through carbon offsetting projects. The carbon dioxide capture projects selected concern waste-to-energy plants where methane gas released from landfills is used to generate electricity.